Sunday, November 20, 2016

is it ever too early?

It's beginning to look a lot like


Christmas!

I love to get the decor up on Thanksgiving weekend.


But with schedules around here, that tends to leave me disappointed.


So we put it up before Thanksgiving.  And since Thanksgiving is early this year, that means we put it up in the "teens" of November.  I'm perfectly ok with that!


Luke is thrilled.  "I can't stop looking at the tree," he says.  And several times a day he comes up to me and whispers "Can we go shop for Isaac's present now?"  I'm not sure why he's so fixated with getting his gift for Isaac wrapped and ready, but it's on his mind constantly!


I'm currently out of wrapping paper though, so I've put him off with the wrapping excuse - for now.


John Paul loves a ladder.  Adding a Christmas tree just upped the excitement level about six million notches.  He was giddy.


The big kids are really into the ornaments and which ones came from where, when, who, and all the stories.  Makes it really fun.


Now everyone is eager to get started on Advent.  I'm thankful for a few more days to round up the needed candles before next Sunday.


Now the living room has that perfect Christmas glow and we are ready for the season to begin!  (or maybe it already has!)

5 comments:

Grandmama said...

Beautiful tree! And what fun you all had making that memory!

Paul said...

a little early, but I do not blame you. with that group and excitement level seems like a great idea. besides time for more molasses cookies.
love Granddaddy

Grandma and Grandpa from ND said...

Great to have and create family memories.

Julie Redfern said...

Those pictures with the kids by the tree are great! My kids are super excited but with Justin gone and now we are traveling, we will have to wait to put up the tree.

Anonymous said...

Happy Thanksgiving, Kvernans! And what a beautiful Christmas tree you have created! A great start to the season!
robin