Wednesday, February 24, 2016

And just like that, we are back at normal pace here.  Our transition home was, well, speedy :)

Monday afternoon, off to speech for John Paul.  I had the big kids with me and we played outside while we waited for John Paul.  Monday was the only day so far that wasn't wet and rainy, and I'm thankful we got some time outdoors!


We went straight from speech to the car insurance place where I was unsuccessful at renewing our insurance for another year.  Ahhhh, sometimes life here can be complicated.  Our insurance expires on Friday so unless I can figure out another way of dealing with it before then I'll be car-less til sometime next week when Matt can take some time to go figure it out.  Not a huge deal since I don't drive much anyways, but still.... sometimes I just wished things here would work smoothly!

After car insurance we went to meet friends for dinner and the afternoon/evening sped by.  Home again for bedtime and look who lost another tooth!  He's laughing hard, often, about the fact that the "tooth fairy" is out of the country.  It's an on-going joke that Matt pretends like he's not the tooth fairy and the kids all know that (obviously, of course, certainly) it is Matt.


So on FaceTime yesterday when Matt said, "Isaac, you'll never guess who I saw walking down the street in _______ while I was on my way to my meeting" Isaac busted out laughing, "Dad, it's not the tooth fairy! I know it!"


And then Tuesday morning, bright and early, it was off to school.  First day of the spring semester is a half-day morning so all three kids were out the door and off to see their classmates, get their spring semester books, and all that beginning-of-semester excitement.  Boo that it was raining.

Starting today (Wednesday) we are back to our local school afternoon schedule.  These next months (March, April, May) are going to fly by.  I just know it.

2 comments:

Mom/Grandmama said...

Bad weather notwithstanding, the kids look happy to be headed back to school. Or is Isaac just super happy to be seeing the tooth fairy again soon?

Anonymous said...

Routines rarely happen with out some losses...like teeth, in Issac's case, deadlines for insurance policies, and rainy days trying to dampen smiles... So thankful you all seem to weather it well. Bn