Sunday, November 22, 2015

all these little athletes

We bookended the sports week at school with two sports heavy Saturdays... last weekend's soccer tournament, this weekend's cross country races.

I'm so thankful for opportunities like this for our kids.  I'm also ready for a change of pace and something different to do on a Saturday morning!  (as luck would have it, next Saturday we'll gather with a big group of friends to watch the guys play football - )

Isaac's first year old enough to run and he's still learning a lot, but enjoying himself and feeling great. Pacing is tricky, he starts at a trot and he can run forever at that same speed.  One of these weekends I'm going to take him with me and see if he can finish 3 miles, I have a strong hunch he can.



Lydia is my girl who is still not sure she likes all this cross country stuff.  I don't want to force her to do what she doesn't want to do, but I do want to encourage her that she can do it!  Fine line to walk as a momma and I'm not doing it well all the time, but this weekend she saw big victory.  She's still talking like she will run again next year (when she bumps up to the 2.7k distance) but we shall see.


And this was Julianna's first year at the longer distance and only two homeschool girls ran her race and she's sold on running.  She doesn't like it every day or all the time, but she wants to run and enjoys the races.  She wishes she was faster (don't we all?!?) but she enjoys herself and I'm thankful to have a running buddy daughter.


The little boys will have their turn on the starting line at some point, one day all too soon I'm sure.  Luke spent the afternoon muttering under his breath "go homeschool go homeschool"!  Two weekends of homeschool athletics and he is officially indoctrinated!

2 comments:

Julie said...

That's awesome! Having running buddies always makes it more fun.

Grandmama said...

That is awesome - keep on running!