Monday, May 11, 2015

the cave

Our final day in Yangshuo we visited a cave.  There are lots of caves in karst mountains and I'm sure if I understood more geology I could tell you why.  On some of the mountains you could even see caves, high up on sheer rock faces.

This one is huge.  And ready for visitors.  The lighting was really cool.


We followed a path through the cave, up and down stairs, around corners, etc.


See the lights?  It's really quite pretty, and attention grabbing.


the team pic


Stalactites and stalagmites and all sorts of interesting formations, captivating scenes.  


Here's the view from the cave entrance.  The scenery is just so dramatic.  Every view is different, and it never gets old.  


Oh, and at the end of the cave tour?  a mud pit swimming pool.  Only Dad and Matt were ready to fully enjoy the experience.  


The kids might jump in next time?  Me?  I'm pretty sure I'm never getting in that mud :)


It was a full-on trip.... the travel, the time there, the whole thing.  So so glad to be traveling with this man.


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

no mud thing for me either. :) My dad would know much about the karst landscape. But sadly, i forgot most of what he taught me. :( Susan

Grandma Jan said...

You have a wonderful kindred spirit, Matt. So fun to see your pictures and hear about your adventure. Love to you all.

Anonymous said...

Wow! Amazing countryside - and caves. What a great family adventure!
robin

Anonymous said...

Mud swimming pool? What Mama words did it take to keep Luke, Isaac, and John Paul out of the experience? LOL BN