Monday, October 27, 2014

only one still fits

Carrying a child on my back is an old habit :)  My ergo doesn't get much use anymore, but today I pulled it out twice.

Once this morning, when I needed to walk Isaac to preschool in a downpour.  I left John Paul at home with his sisters (for only few minutes!)  I often leave the girls working on math while the boys and I take Isaac to school.  With the rain this morning and the prospect of three very wet boys I decided to leave John Paul with the girls and take Luke on my back.....  Isaac with one umbrella and me with another, and we all kept fairly dry.

Then again this afternoon I put Luke in there - he's crabby (runny nose and cough) and a crabby child during dinner prep is no fun.  So I put him on my back and the other two boys at the counter and chopped veggies for soup.  Then we got our bread rising and headed out to get the girls.... a wet, but at least not rainy, walk.


I took a picture because I realized that Luke is the only child who still fits in my ergo!  All these years of wearing babies and I only have one that still fits!!!

3 comments:

Paul said...

I am betting that is one tight ergo
love
Dad

Mom/Grandmama said...

Can't believe you can still carry Luke on your back! I think I see a tear on Luke's cheek. Hope he feels better soon. Much love to all.

Susan said...

What would we do without carriers! Some days I feel as though I need to double up - one on back and one on the front. But then I don't think I could move!