Friday, April 16, 2010

trickier than it sounds

I'm not sure if moving all of our family's belongings into storage and moving all of our family members to America sounds like an easy task or not.  But regardless of what is sounds like, I am realizing that it is most definitely NOT easy!  

There are plenty of complicating factors, and listing them here would overwhelm even the most competent list-maker and problem-solver.  For several reasons, we are in a situation where I can't really start any packing until late May.  On the whole, I think this is a really good thing.  Although a big part of me wants to start packing and organizing, I just can't - yet.

So what am I doing instead?  Getting out of town!  Together with a couple of friends (also moms of little ones) I am headed to the airport early Saturday morning to visit a friend in another city.  My girls refer to the upcoming trip as "mommy going to spend the night with Ms. Ashlei". 

It is going to be a lot like a sleepover :)  Whatever you call it, there is no doubt it will be a lot more fun than packing!  I can't wait! 





4 comments:

Mom said...

Fantastic - so glad to hear you getting to be out with the "girls". It's a great way to rejuvenate. Love you - have a great time! Mom

Julie Redfern said...

I totally understand the whole waiting to pack thing! HAve a great girls weekend! Love Julie

Anonymous said...

Definitely doesn't sound like an easy task! It will all get done. Enjoy your weekend away!
love, susan

Paul said...

have a great trip and weekend, sounds like fun- and I also happen to know you used to be one list making, list checking off, girl so I know when the time comes the lists will be made. take care love Dad