Friday, June 12, 2009

big little readers

"Will you read me this book?" (Julianna)

"Mommy, read this one" (Lydia)

"After I wake up from my nap can you read to me?" (Julianna)

"Mommy, read the monkey elephant book again." (Lydia)

"Lydia, want me to read that book to you?" (Julianna)

Read. Read. Read. These little girls LOVE to be read to - and I just can't keep up. I am beginning to think I could never satisfy their desire. But I try.

After breakfast we usually get some pillows, camp out on the living room carpet and read books. This morning I asked the girls to get out the pillows and pick some books... a few minutes later I came back to this sight:





Needless to say, Julianna's stack was particularly ambitious! She's never brought quite this many before! I had to stop and take a photo before we dug into the pile (and no, we didn't even make it halfway through!)

5 comments:

Krisanne said...

So cute! Wow - that is a LOT of books! Glad they love to read, but I would be little overwhelmed with those stacks, too! Love you!

Paul said...

wish I were there to read to them-

love
GrandDad

Julie Redfern said...

That sounds EXACTLY like the conversations we have at our house too!! Caroline and WIll love to red and be read too. The other day when I was vacuuming I found the kids in Will's bed reading. I loved it!! Good luck keeping up! Love Julie

Mom/Grandmama said...

How wonderful that Julianna and Lydia both love books and reading - they are growing in your footsteps! Love you and miss you!

Jaci said...

My girls LOVE to read too...I was encouraged to see Julianna's massive stack...this is what Lizzy usually delivers for me to read too. We don't make it through either. DO your girls go in spurts of favorites? Seems like for weeks at a time I will read the same 10-12 books over and over and then Lizzy will move to a new favorite.