Tuesday, December 7, 2010

try to argue with that one

Recently I've been battling with Lydia (and I do mean WITH, as in the two of us are on the same side,  in the battle together, trusting that God will give her victory in this area).  We are battling the tendency to argue.  Like .....  I ask her to brush her teeth and she tells me she needs to brush her hair.  Or I tell her she can't wear the twirly dress and she begs to wear it anyways. Or, well, you get the idea.

So today I walked into the foyer (of my parents home) and found Lydia.  She was wearing only panties, standing next to her Cinderella dress and a mug of water. 

She looked up at me and said "Mom, I'm getting myself wet because my dress doesn't stay on me very good." 

And (maybe because we had already finished two good conversations about arguing) my first thought was, "Now that's something you just can't argue with." 

I laugh out loud at Lydia every day.  Maybe every hour.  She is just hilarious. 


She also loves to lick the beaters. And her hair gets wilder every minute.


Matt and I have agreed that this Lydia of ours is a conundrum.  Julianna is a bit like both of us, we kind of 'get how she works'.  Lydia is like.... well, we don't really know yet :)  I couldn't begin to guess what "she'll be when she grows up".  But I bet she'll keep me laughing! 

2 comments:

Julie Redfern said...

I LOVE her hair! I can't wait for her to crack me up. Will makes me laugh and scream all in the same hour, sometimes the same minute!!

Jaci said...

Oh she and Abby would make a great pair. Maybe they would "get" each other!! :-)

Today after reading the Christmas story and talking about the nativity, the kiddos were supposed to draw a picture of the nativity. As I was getting lunch ready, I heard Abby in the school room saying "Oh this is just terrible!" Followed by paper crumpling. This happened a few times and then she came out and said..."Mom, drawing baby Joseph is just too hard for me...I am just going to draw Santa Claus instead."...:-) What in the world do I do with that?!? She missed it all...so you would think...but I think she says things like this on purpose. :)

I am still hopeful that one day our girlies will get to know one another. I can so hear Abby saying something like Lydia did this morning. :-) And it would make perfect sense to her. And I love the laughs.