Tuesday, September 1, 2009

freezer week

I've decided that this week is freezer week. As in, this week we are eating every meal from the freezer. (Well, except breakfast. And except for Friday night when some college guys are coming to dinner.)

My deep freezer is really filling up. And my list of "projects to accomplish" is really getting long. So I'm hoping that the union of 'full freezer' and 'long projects list' will result in a lot of accomplished projects :)

On Monday I started a new list called "freezer week projects" and dove right in. Some of them are simple (clean out the craft basket) and others more complex (start thinking through the Christmas gifts list). But all of them need to get done. And all of them manage to get pushed to the side in the midst of the many every day tasks that fill my hours.

But this week, thanks to my full freezer, I am spending much less time in meal prep. And I hope that translates to spending more time on my "freezer week projects". Of course I still have some kitchen work - toss a salad, make mashed potatoes, boil corn on the cob. But the biggies, the main courses, the start-from-scratch pasta sauces and meat marinades and whatnot, that's all coming from the freezer!

My freezer week project list is pretty ambitious, but I am hopeful! I'll keep you posted on how it all turns out. And if you want to help me sort through the girls clothing or catch up on some long overdue correspondence, come on over!

3 comments:

Julie Redfern said...

I would love to help!! I have more clothes to add to your sorting. Good luck with your list! Love Julie

Paul said...

we need someone to come to our house to do both, the meal prep and the projects, --
love Dad

PS I volunteer to do some baby sitting soon.

Brent, Sara, Hannah and Sam said...

Best wishes with your projects - I love it when I get a freezer full of meals and there is less work to be done with meal prep but I can imagine it makes a world of difference for you.