Tuesday, February 11, 2014

eyelash frost

After our lazy-day Saturday with kids in pjs and no plans on the calendar Sunday rushed in fast and furious.  I'm extra grateful Saturday was so low-key!

Our Sunday plans were fun, just full.  We ate lunch at the girls' school.  No surprise that everybody loves art class :)


By the time we rolled back into our driveway for good I was ready to veg out in front of the Olympics.  I've watched quite a few games from Asia and I must say that I love watching here in the U.S.  It's just nicer programming.  And easier.  Matt and I have been watching almost every night.  I love the stories behind the athletes and I love learning about different sports and I .... well, I like it all!

I guess there's nothing quite like the winter olympics to inspire outdoor play time on a day when the temps barely reached zero.  Because late this afternoon Matt took the boys on a walk to the park.  Or rather, Matt walked and the boys rode on sleds.

This is definitely the optimal mode of travel for them :) With this young crowd and these low temperatures, even half a block can seem like a hike!  The sleds reduce travel time to/from the park by about 80%.  


There is just enough hill at the park for little sled-riders to enjoy.  Plus the almost-always present hockey action to watch.


{John Paul eating snow.  Ridiculous.}

My favorite picture is definitely this one of Luke, blond wisps peeking out from under his hat and frost on his eyelashes.



I'm thankful for another Monday.  And frost on little boy eyelashes.

3 comments:

Daniel Efosa Uyi said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Rob and Carrie said...

So much fun to see all these familiar faces/places in your blog!

Anonymous said...

Ice crystals on eyelashes features the very best of camera captured ND winters!!!