Wednesday, August 11, 2010

treasures baskets, part two

The most special spot in our kids' bedroom in Asia was definitely the treasure shelves over each girls' bed.  Julianna and Lydia really enjoyed picking and storing treasures in such a special place. 

Our final week before furlough the girls each packed up a ziploc bag of treasures from their shelf.  When we unpacked luggage here I tossed the (temporarily forgotten) bags of treasure onto the top of a bookshelf and planned to bring them out one day as a fun little treat for Julianna and Lydia.

Earlier in July we picked up two sparkly treasure baskets for four bucks (thank you thrift store!) and the girls began collecting again - but still without their packed up China treasures.   Until today.  I brought out the bags and the oohs and aahs and sorting and storing began afresh. 



At this particular moment in the day Lydia was wearing leggings, her 4th of July tutu and a princess dress-up top.  Julianna was in the leotard and ballet skirt - again!  When the girl finds an outfit she likes, well..... she likes it! 


So the treasures are back in full force.  Fun stuff.

One other totally unrelated tidbit from the day: in a (very successful) attempt to disqualify myself from the "mommy of the year" competition I ran over Lydia's elbow with the shopping cart in the parking lot of Sam's Club.  It's not nearly as tricky as it sounds. 



She recovered nicely with two band-aids and some Nilla Wafers.  But the bruises will be around for a while. She's also got a dark spot under one eye that doesn't show up so well in the picture.  It was a big fall :) 

3 comments:

Gina Marie said...

I LOVE the way your girls dress! I think it shows great creativity and individuality, not to mention self confidence. I think when they grow up they will be people others look to for fashion advice. :)

Julie Redfern said...

Love the treasures!! They seem to enjoy them so much. Poor Lydia and and poor mommy!! I know I have done things like that to disqualify myself too. She didn't look any worse for wear though! Love, Julie

Grandmama said...

Julianna and Lydia - the new treasure baskets look nifty - such fun. Sorry about the accident, Lydia. Hope you heal quickly - that was a sweet "I'm smiling through my pain" face! Love you, Grandmama